Sunday, April 18, 2021
About Dr. Aryan
for Referring Physicians
Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- The disc space is approached through an incision. The muscles are not cut because they run vertically and can be moved to the side. The disc is removed by excising the front portion and removing the disc material back to the spinal canal. This removes the inflammatory proteins within the disc.
- Temporary spacers are impacted into the empty disc space disctracting and realigning the vertebral bodies into the proper position. This maneuver opens the collapsed foramen (nerve canal) and lifts pressure from the pinched nerve roots.
Reamer and Thread Tap
- A hole in the vertebral body is created using a reamer and a thread tap. A threaded titanium cage is packed with bone graft and then screwed tightly into the hole. The threaded cage replaces the distraction plug and maintains the proper position of the vertebral bodies.
Temporary Plug Removed
- The other temporary plug is removed and the hole is made ready for the second implant. The other implant packed with bone is inserted.
- The incision is closed and the bone graft will grow through and around the implants, forming a bone bridge that connects the vertebral bodies above and below.
Surgery for Spinal Disorders - Lumbar
Surgery for Spinal Disorders
Copyright 2013-2017 by Henry E. Aryan, MD, FAANS
DotNetNuke® is copyright 2002-2021 by Perpetual Motion Interactive Systems Inc.
Oakley Sunglasses Polarized Lenses
Nike Air Max Women Sale
Sell Air Max Outlet
Cheap Jordan Shoes Shop
Air Force 1 '07' Sale
Shop Air Max Sneakers
Scarpe Nike Huarache
Women's Bailey Bow II Boot
2018 Off White Shoes Online Store
Jordan Retro 13 Xiii Shoes